Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What's Really Going On!?

A few weeks ago, I got a letter in the mail from my bank. They sent me a new check card and explained that the Visa account numbers had been jeopardized by some hackers and that they issuing out new cards and canceling the old ones. I thought this was pretty cool, at least they're looking out for the customers. The letter stated that the old cards would be automatically canceled on Aug. 23 and that the new cards had to be activated by calling the toll-free number provided. Since my old card was gonna be canceled the tomorrow, I decided it was time to activate the new card. I called the number and had it activated. NOTHING was said about my old card and the lady told me that my new card would be ready for use at 9 AM tomorrow morning. No big deal I thought to myself, I still have my old one incase I need access to money between tomorrow morning and now.

Needless to say, I needed money for a late night meal at McDonald's. I went to the ATM machine with my old card in hand ready to get money to eat with. The ATM basically laughed at me when it said that I needed to contact my financial institution. Words cannot describe the PISStility that ran through my body! Why in the world would they cancel my old card when my new one won't work until 9 AM tomorrow!? Can someone please tell my why in the world would a bank leave a customer with no access to their money!? I've already ran this by a few people and they can't eplain it either. So to that bank of mine, you are my SECOND close encounter of the stupid kind today! Congratulations!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Guess Thats Ur Sign Not 2 Eat McDonalds Without Me! LOL.