Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Farmer John Driver

Yesterday on my way to school, I got behind a old model Ford pickup. I could tell that the driver was an older man, maybe in his 50's or 60's. Around here, you are able to pick out a person who has farmed most if not all of his life and I could tell this was one of those people. As we drove down the road, I started getting irritated because he was going 40mph in a 55 mph zone! Not only that but I could not pass because of the constant traffic coming the opposite direction. The driver of the pick up was constantly slowing down and speeding up and I noticed that he would slow down when he came to a field with some type of crop growing in it. He would slow down and look out at the crops in the fields. I thought to myself that maybe he was just riding around checking on his fields, no big deal.

This morning I started on my way to school traveling down the same road. Again I got behind that same Ford pickup and again he was going 45 mph in a 55 mph zone. He was doing the exact same thing, looking at the crops. Now I know I'm no farmer but how much can change with crops overnight!? It's not like they're gonna hit some magical growth spurt and be 3 feet taller the next day!? What is the purpose of Farmer John slowing my progress to school everyday just to look at the same crap he saw the day before?

To all the Farmer John drivers, SPEED UP because the crops have not changed since you saw them a few hours earlier! Today, Farmer John drivers are my close encounter with stupidity! For God's sake, SPEED UP! Look at your crops when you get ready to harvest them! Don't delay my arrivial to school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why Dont U Just Leave Earlier So U Dont Be Behind Him, If Its Always At The Same Time, Or Just Honk Da Horn & Tell Em 2 Get Out Da Way!