Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Breeding Pool of Stupidity

What is really going on at Domino's? It's bad enough when I told a manager "I quit" he didn't know what I was talking about. But what happened today topped that!

Today I had the urge to eat some Hot Wings. Me being the lazy person I am, I called Domino's for delivery. The person who answered the phone (a new manager there) takes my order. He got that right which was a real accomplishment I would later learn. I told him that I was paying for my order with my Visa Checkcard. I tell him the number and the expiration date. He then asks for the card holder's name. I say "Clifton C. Oxendine." So then he asks me "Is that spelled C-L-I-F-F-O-R-D?" I paused for a seconds to make sure I heard him right. And I tell him "Uh, no that's Clifford, my name is Clifton." Then he asks me how to spell it! TRYING not to be a smartass I tell him "Drop the FORD and put a TON in its place." His response was "So there's no F in it?" Not wanting to deal with his complete stupidity I spelled it out to him like he was in first grade. I was amazed he even got it then! It's funny, can't spell Clifton but he can spell Oxendine!

I'm glad I quit when I did because God only knows if the stupidity would have rubbed off! If I was that stupid I'd probly hire someone to shoot me to take me out of my misery! So Mr. New Manager at Domino's you're my close encounter with stupidity but don't feel bad cause in about 5 min. I'm gonna post another one so you're not alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL see stupid people these days