Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Look Normal

So there I was, working in the library at the local community college. I looked around and noticed that the building was loaded with potential blog topics. All I needed was for one to draw attention to their stupidity. Just when I thought it wouldn’t happen………BAM!!!!!
It was my time to run the circulation desk. A patron came to the desk.

Me: “Hey! How can I help you?”

Patron: “I need help on the computer. Can you help me?”

Me: “Well, the lab assistant will be back soon. You should wait on him.”

Patron: “I need to go in a few minutes.”

Me: “Ok. I’ll help you out real quick.”

What a mistake this was. I get to the computer and notice a resume was typed in MS Word. The patron simply said, “Help me make this look good.” No big deal. I go through with my mad skillz (yeah that’s with a Z because they’re awesome) and make it look good. Before I worked on it, it was just lines and lines of plain text. It was like she just started typing and did not press enter one time. Once I finished, it was aligned properly with headings and spacing. It was 100000000000000% better looking.

Then she says, “I want it to look normal.”

Me: “Uh, what do you mean by that?”

Patron: “Normal! I want it to look normal!”

Ok so by this point I’m completely lost. I told her that she needed to wait for the lab assistant because I had no clue what she was talking about.

Sometime later, the lab assistant came to me and asked me about the lady. I explained my encounter with her and he laughed. He said she kept telling him the same thing about wanting it to look normal. He said after about 10 minutes of questioning he realized what she was talking about.















She wanted it printed on paper. This looked “normal” to her. I don’t even have to say anything else.

2 comments:

Travis said...

o my dear god......I missed this, don't let it be another year and 2 Months before I hear another.

Soul Shadow 001 said...

skillz for killz agent, skillz for killz